City of Hermosa Beach - New Business License Application
What you need to know to get started:
1. Business licenses are renewed on an annual basis and expire the end of 12th month of each year.
2. The business start date is the first date your business started operating in the City of Hermosa Beach.
3. Employee identification numbers are required for all new businesses. Sole owner or partnerships are
required to provide Social Security number for all owners/partners. LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust or
Corporations are required to provide a Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN)
or State Employee Identification Number (SEIN) for the business.
4. Per AB 2184, you may protect your residential address by providing a different Service of Process address
in accordance with Sections 16000.1(a)(2) and 16100.1(a)(2) of the Business and Professions Code.
To do so, please Apply in person - you may not apply online.
5. No payment will be required until your application has been reviewed and accepted. You will receive
an email verifying the receipt of application. Within 7 business days you will receive an email containing
the amount due and instructions on how to make payment online.
Assembly Bill 3002 went into effect on January 1, 2019, which provides information regarding disability
access requirements and resources to business owners. To read the full notice in English, click HERE.
To view in other languages click HERE.
The City of Hermosa Beach would like to welcome you to its business community.
We know that starting a new business can be exciting and challenging.
We wish you the greatest success in your new venture!
If you need any assistance with the application process, please call (310) 318-0206.